Starting at 11 am this morning, Rue La La hosted a Lilly Pulitzer women’s clothing sale. Preppy women everywhere synchronized their watches, ready to fight till the death for the perfect bright patterned outfit. The sale lasts until August 3rd, I’m here to tell you not to waste your time.
5 reasons why the Lilly Pulitzer sale on Rue La La is nothing to brag about:
1. You can buy solid colored t-shirts without the Lilly logo at Wal Mart -or so I’ve been told.
When wearing Lilly Pulitzer, your outfit should scream Lilly. Her quote is “Life is a party, dress like it.” not “Life is plain and boring, so wear overpriced tops that reflect that.”
2. None of the recognizable Lilly prints are listed, and if they were: they’re now unavailable.
Lets face it, if you really like Lilly you don’t like her for the cat print stuff thats left over on clearance. A black clutch with a gold elephant on it? Or the gold one with the wishbone? Those must have been designed after she passed away, God rest her soul.
3. Summer is almost over, yet the dresses are still nearly $100 -and they look like glamorized sweatshirts.
If a six foot tall 00 model can’t make a dress look good, neither can you.
4. You should never wonder if a Lilly Pulitzer dress was mis-labeled and is actually from Charlotte Russe.
I refreshed my page multiple times, but it still says Lilly Pulitzer “Lucy” Multicolor Printed Stripe Sequin Dress. If it weren’t for the conservative hemline that is clearly the only non-CR quality, I would write a strongly worded letter about the mistake, demanding a real Lilly Pulitzer for the emotional pain I was put through.
5. I’m not even going to waste brain cells thinking of a 5th reason. That’s how disappointing the Rue La La sale is.
Have you ever been this disappointed by a sale?